The Town of Porcupine Plain is located on Highway 23, in the Northeast Parkland adjacent to Greenwater Lake Provincial Park. Rich agricultural land, rolling hills, mixed forest, and numerous lakes make this one of the most beautiful areas in the Province!
Nestled within the Porcupine Provincial Forest, and just a short drive from Greenwater Lake Provincial Park, the Town of Porcupine Plain is a nature lover’s dream! While Porcupine Plain’s main industry is agriculture, the Town is also a four-season tourism destination. The Town offers ample opportunity to get outside and explore nature – enjoy a scenic hike or lounge on the beach at nearby Greenwater Lake; relish quality time with family and friends while quadding, fishing, and ice fishing; or take in the beautiful landscape while cross-country skiing. The area also boasts some of the best moose, elk, and whitetail deer hunting found anywhere! The local snowmobile club grooms over 100 miles of pristine snowmobile trails, which connect to the groomed trails of Hudson Bay, Kelvington, Lintlaw, and Greenwater Lake Provincial Park, for an unforgettable snowmobiling experience.
Porcupine Plain is truly Nature’s Gift!
News & Notices
Porcupine Plain – Business & Service Updates
- ATTENTION: Due to sanitary concerns, all parks and playgrounds in Porcupine Plain will be CLOSED until further notice to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our community. For the safety of your family and others around us, refrain from using any and all playground equipment at this time!
- At this time, the Carwash & water pickup remains open. Hours will be be 8a.m. – 6p.m. and precautions & restrictions are in place for customer safety.
- Religious Services:
- The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Roman Catholic Church will be live streaming masses with Bishop Albert on the Roman Catholic Diocese of Prince Albert Facebook Page. Visit www.padiocese.ca for mass times.
- The Redeemer Lutheran Church will be live streaming services on the Christ Lutheran Church of Tisdale SK Facebook Page. Sermons can also be emailed upon request.
- The Full Gospel Church will be live streaming services on the Porcupine Full Gospel Church Facebook Page.
- From the Porcupine Plain Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses:
- Because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have suspended meetings at the Kingdom Hall and are now having meetings online. If you would like to join us, please call or text 306-278-3366 for more information.
- We have to special meetings coming up. On April 5th, a 30-minute special talk will be given worldwide, “Whose Leadership Can You Trust?” It will be available to all on www.JW.org. You can stream this talk anytime on April 5th.
- Then we invite you all to the worldwide annual observance of Jesus Christ’s death on April 7th. You can watch this 45-minute service on www.JW.org starting at 7:30p.m. Last year, over 20,000,000 people observed this important event.
- Please be safe and take care of each other.
- Below is a listing of business closure and restrictions for Town of Porcupine Plain businesses. (click image for larger view)